Thursday, April 30, 2009

The "gangsta" becomes less relevant.

In an interview with Cigar Aficionado magazine, Jay explains that "Obama represents so much hope for blacks and Latinos...The hope he represents is bigger than any of the huge problems he could possibly correct.... When you have positive role models, you can change your life for the better. The day Obama got elected, the gangsta became less relevant."

I read this and have mixed feelings. I've always kinda thought the gangsta thing was hard to believe from most dudes in the rap game, because they always play themselves and expose their actual lack of gangsta or display their gangsta shit and die or do years.

Either way. I come from a true hip hop background and gangsta hasn't ever been trumped skills.

On another note, with how much money Obama is printing up he may turn out to be one of the biggest gangstas ever! Hyper inflation is coming! The question is when? I dont know , but fuck swine flu, terrorism, aids and all that other shit I'm terrified of the true economic forecast of the remainder of my life.

No comments: