Friday, April 17, 2009

South side beef squashed.

Here we are, approaching the weekend following a difficult week. The passing of three well respected people within our scene has given us all a humbling reality check, reminding us of our own mortality. At the services for both Evol and Afroe, I ran into people who I have had a less than cordial past with, however this time we bumped into one another the vibe was different.

I had some personal drama that was'nt as serious as the graf drama but still uncomfortable come to an amicable end at Afroe's services. That felt good.

As far as the Graf Drama. I spoke with Dabs and Guru intially at Evol's services and we concluded that there have been too many deaths to perpetuate any further beef between any of the southside crews. CAB, CMK, 35th, AIR, and anyone in between, that shit is dead. We can't redo any of the horrible things that may have happened between us but we can prevent any further bullshit. Let's get real, who wants to go to another funeral anytime soon? Especially if it could have been prevented. I'm not sure if we will ever all be best friends, but at least we wont be ready to kick it off at the first sight of one another either. I have faith in this resolution and I hope everyone else does too.

Here is a throwback to provide a soundtrack for this moment.

Peace

No comments: